This course provides education about Autism and tools for effective therapy, education on how different touch modalities such as Upledger CranioSacral Therapy address sensory systems in the body, and how understanding a particular child’s presentation of their disability can lead to successful and therapeutic therapy sessions.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define and demonstrate understanding of Autism and SPD.
- Define and demonstrate what simple changes may need to be made to the therapy environment to accommodate the needs of the focus clientele.
- Define Frontloading and how it can help prepare the client for bodywork.
- Define how different touch modalities specifically address the characteristics common for many individuals with Autism.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the growth and developmental differences between the neurotypical normal developed brain and the brain of an individual with Autism.
- Identify strategies to create a sensory appropriate therapy environment specific for a child on the spectrum
- Define and demonstrate the Upledger CranioSacral Therapy technique Stillpoint and how it benefits the individual on the Autism spectrum.
|April 20, 2018||Tibia|
6225 University Ave. Suite 210
Madison, WI 53705
|Cost: $225 plus $25 for study guide (paid directly to instructor on first day of class)
Early registration special: $195 if paid by March 30, 2018 (plus study guide)
To register, visit the Tibia website
Sample Course Schedule
|Morning (9 a.m. to noon)|
|9:00 a.m.||Instructor introduction; Learning objectives|
|9:15 a.m.||Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD)|
|11:25 a.m.||Activity Exhibiting ASD/SPD|
|Afternoon (1:30 to 6 p.m.)|
|1:30 p.m.||Questions & Answers|
|1:45 p.m.||Creating a Sensory Environment|
|3:00 p.m.||Upledger CranioSacral Therapy|
About Tami Goldstein
Tami Goldstein is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a Continuing Education Approved Provider (Provider #402). She is certified in Upledger CranioSacral Therapy and a Presenter for Upledger Institute International.